June 18, 2016

The Heat is On

Swimming hole
When the guests arrived after our long break the temperature got turned up and it was close to 100 degrees. After a long day of riding and chores I joked to Meris asking where I could find a cold pool to jump into. She suggested we drive down to the dam by the lake and duck under the small waterfall there. It felt so amazing! It was the perfect way to cool off. The hot weather stayed around for a few days and the subsequent rides we went on we made sure to stop near a swimming hole and
cool off. I found another way to cool off by making homemade watermelon popsicles. I also ordered myself a straw hat since I'd been wearing my old black felt hat (which is not ideal for 90+ degrees).
Road to the ranch
Finally the clouds came back and it cooled down again. One evening it was cool and breezy and the sun was peeking out after being cloudy all afternoon so I decided to walk down to Wall Lake and take some pictures. The other day on a ride I had seen  javelinas running across the meadow. I had never seen them before so I was hoping to see them again as well as all the elk that I keep missing out on.
Alas, I only found some tourists who were trespassing. So instead I focused on taking pictures of the pretty light and flowers. It was a very relaxing evening.

Wall Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment