June 6, 2016

Anniversary Party


Now I can finally talk about the surprise party! Normally my siblings and I do something small for Mom and Dad's anniversary but this year I had the bright idea to do a surprise party. They are celebrating 35 years of marriage this year so I figured it would be slightly more unexpected. We threw ourselves into planning and then a month ago I decided to go work in New Mexico for the summer. Luckily, I was blessed to be able to come home to celebrate with everyone. After riding horseback all day Friday, I drove 4 hours to Albuquerque and hopped on a red eye back home. Kyle and Felix picked me up and as soon as we got to their house, Mom texted to say she was coming over. So he shuffled me back to my house until the coast was clear. We spent the rest of the day shopping and preparing. Amber had the great idea to grab some photos from their wedding album for a collage so it was really nice to go through and see all the old pictures.

It was really odd to sleep on Kyle and Devin's couch since my house is only 3 miles away but Dad had shut off my water and closed down my house. I got to spend lots of quality time with Felix though which was awesome. Sunday dawned humid and cloudy. Luckily we had booked the pavilion at the local park so we were under shelter. We got everything set up and the guests started arriving. I was just planning on standing around and waiting for them to notice me but my neighbor thought it had to be more of  a surprise so I waited in Amber's car and after they saw everyone else I hopped out. So not only were they surprised by the party, but I was an additional surprise.
 It was a great party and it was amazing to celebrate with everyone. I am so blessed to have such amazing siblings (with amazing wives). We make a great team!

No comments:

Post a Comment