June 10, 2016

Back at the Ranch

Driving back from the whirlwind surprise party weekend I encountered prescribed burns on the road back to the ranch. I had to stop and get clearance before proceeding. It was slightly terrifying to drive through smoke with fire burning just off the pavement. I arrived safely back at the ranch though and there was more than a week with no guests. That meant it was time for some ranch maintenance. I love to clean so it was no hardship to get all the saddles and bridles cleaned and oiled and the saddle pads and cinches power washed. I was also able to stain the benches, swings and porches so everything had a nice shiny glow (for the dust to adhere to :) . The hay barn was also filled with a load of grass and a load of alfalfa.
Clementine relaxing on the rocks
However, some of the cows have decided that the hay barn is their personal dining room so I've been fighting every night with different methods to keep them out. I never figured cows for being smart but I guess when alfalfa is involved, they are pretty motivated. So far I haven't found a fail safe solution and now I feel like they are spiting me because they are shitting all over my barricades. I am determined to prevail however!
The enemies

No comments:

Post a Comment