October 5, 2011

Pioneer Weekend-Friday Part II

After our delicious dinner, we all ran around, trying our hand at a little bit of everything.
Ma washed the dishes and cleaned up the cabin.
Dad stocked up the cabin with wood.

Kyle whittled some new bed pegs.
Don found several different ways to shape wood.


I had to act as a heavy weight to hold down the wood for Kyle and Don.

Dad moved on to whittling.

We were also given a quill and ink and a journal to document our experiences. Kyle drew a beautiful picture of the cabin with his quill.

Mom tried her hand at weaving

My activity consisted of bonding with the Jersey cows. I’m not usually a big fan of cows but I love Jersey cows. I think they are so precious.

I also tried my hand at using a crook for the sheep. I don't think I had the technique down.While Don, Kyle and I were exploring earlier we found a croquet set so we took Ma and Pa over to play a round of croquet while the sun set.

I ruined the ambiance by trying to cartwheel in front of the fancy Hamilton House. Cartwheels are not easily done in a skirt.We then took a stroll through the village. It was so weird to walk around and not see another soul.
Since it was such a gorgeous night with an amazingly bright moon, Kyle and I played around with the camera and tried to get some neat night pictures.
Here's the Great Meadow at sunset.
I like this one because it looks like the Indian is shooting the moon.Don is a living sculpture.
I also really like this photo with the bears.
The temperature and the moon were so perfect that we didn't want to go to sleep. As we were sitting around outside the cabin, we saw some lights and heard some voices. We assumed it was security but as it got closer and louder we realized it was a gaggle of Girl Scouts! They were on a nighttime tour of the Museum so Dad told them about our family's history and let them explore around the cabin and barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment