May 4, 2011

National Gallery of Art

Wednesday was a bit chilly in the morning so we decided to start out at the Smithsonian National Gallery of Art. I don’t usually seek out art in my travels but I really enjoyed their collection. I got to see:

DaVinci

Rembrandt

Cassat

Monet

Picasso

Cezanne

Matisse

Renoir

My favorite exhibit was "From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection" mostly because I recognized most of the artists and some of their work.

There was a free audio tour that let you just input a number of a painting and then hear a brief history on it. It was a great way to learn more and I loved that you could choose which ones you wanted to hear more about. I actually got reprimanded in this museum because of my massive purse. I had it shifted so it was behind me and a guard approached me and asked if I could please move my bag to the front of me so I didn't run into things with it.

1 comment:

  1. we got scolded everywhere we went. It was somewhat oppressive don't you think? back up off me DC!

    ReplyDelete