May 27, 2011

GET YOUR TAN ON!!!!

Well I finally finished up the postings from my April trip. This weekend I’m taking off to New Jersey for another trip but I had to post this gem of a story that happened to me last weekend.

With summer coming on I decided that I wanted to try out a spray tan. I am totally against tanning beds and am not much for lying prone on a beach somewhere so a spray tan seemed like the perfect solution. I found a local tanning salon that had half off deals on Sundays so I asked Amber to come along since she was also commiserating about being pale. Prior to coming, we were instructed to shower using sugar as our “soap” so we would be completely exfoliated. With Step 1 complete we headed off to the salon.

When we arrived the girl at the desk asked what level I wanted. Never having done this before I asked what the levels meant. Apparently 1=healthy glow, 2= day at the beach and 3=honeymoon in Jamaica. Being so pale, I opted for level 1 to ease myself into it. She then asked if I wanted clear or bronze coat. I again didn’t know the difference so she said clear, you come out looking the same and the color develops and bronze shows up right away. I opted for clear to be safe. Amber chose the same options. We then went to the spray tan booth and the girl showed us how to use it. I let Amber go first. She came out looking the same so I headed in, expecting the same outcome. But of course, that’s not gonna happen because it's me.

I got all undressed, put on my shower cap and barrier lotion on my hands and got in the booth. Well, the green start button was not flashing like it was supposed to. The girl had said it was heat sensitive so you may have to press your thumb against it for a minute but it still wasn’t doing anything so I got dressed and went looking for help. The girl came back and reset the machine so I went back in and got all set up again.

The process is all automatic and voice prompted so its very easy and quick. I stepped out a minute later and looked at myself in the mirror. I could already notice myself looking tanner. “Hmm”, I thought, “must be the lights”. I took off my shower cap and threw it in the trash. That’s when I noticed that my cap was completely brown while the other one in there was all white and that’s when I got a sick feeling in my stomach.

I got dressed and walked out, making a beeline for the door. As soon as Amber saw me, her jaw dropped and she tried to think of something nice to say. We left and went out to dinner and then to Wegmans for grocery shopping and by the time I got home a few hours later I looked like Snooki. I didn’t even know my skin had the ability to turn this color! Apparently the girl had reset the system and I ended up with a Level 3 Bronze instead of a Level 1 Clear. All I could do was shake my head and laugh. I wanted to get tan and boy did I get a tan!!

Despite all the drama, I honestly really liked my tan and would definitely go spray tanning again. Now I know that I have the ability to get a Level 3 Bronze, a Level 1 Clear probably wouldn’t even make a difference. I don’t have any pictures now but I’ll take a lot over the weekend (the color is pretty durable :) Have a great weekend!! I’m off on my 5th Annual Memorial Day Roadtrip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment