July 9, 2016

Above Taylor Creek Canyon

While we had another break from guests I was able to hit the trail again, this time to hike the other side of Taylor Creek Canyon. The forecast called for rain so I struck out at 8:30 to beat the rain (and heat). I hiked down into Akes Meadow, skipped over Taylor Creek and started making my way up the other side. I mostly stuck to the rim of the canyon to get the good views. It was higher than the other side of the Canyon that I had hiked so it was neat to look down from my even higher perch.
Because I was hiking so early the light wasn't that great for taking pictures but it was amazing to see
I could see all the way over to Wall Lake and back up Hoyt Canyon. I didn't see any critters (besides the cows in the canyon) No flowers either besides a prickly pear. I picked my way down the face of the canyon wall to get back to the bottom. I made my way back to the ranch before lunch with plenty of time to beat the rain that came in the later afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment