September 21, 2011

Seaway Trail

At about 10pm Sunday night it started raining and it rained the entire night. I got up Monday morning and packed up everything soaking wet and headed out. I drove west out of the mountains and went all the way over to Tibbitts Point Lighthouse in Cape Vincent, NY. Cape Vincent is where the St. Lawrence River meets Lake Ontario so it was an interesting spot to see. The lighthouse is at the end of a dead end road that follows the lake shore and the houses along it are stunning. I then meandered along the Seaway trail the rest of the way home, stopping at a few more lighthouses along the way.

The Selkirk lighthouse

A tugboat at the H Lee White Museum in Oswego

The Oswego lighthouse

And finally the Sodus Bay lighthouse

I had a really nice time exploring the Seaway trail and it was a nice relaxing drive. I made it home around 3:00pm, tired, sore and wet but still exhilarated from another exciting Labor Day excursion!

No comments:

Post a Comment