June 9, 2010

Destination: Florida

I just got back from an amazing trip to Florida but I'm going to break down the blogs into day by day accounts because so many awesome things happened. Since most of what I did involves water I didn't take many pictures. Jess had wisely invested in an underwater camera so I will refer you all to her blog because it has much better pictures, videos and writing. http://www.adventureswithjessica.blogspot.com/

I got an amazing deal on a direct flight to Orlando and my flight even landed early. Now if only my head stopped feeling like it was going to explode on the descent, I would be a totally satisfied consumer. As soon as I walked out on the gateway I slammed into the insane heat and humidity. I had no time to adjust however as Jess whisked me off to Universal Orlando first thing. I was upset because Harry Potter world opens June 18th (so close!). Luckily, I did get to see the turrets of Hogwarts which looked amazing! All the more reason to come back in the future! We went to the City Walk which is the free part. There were tons of cool shops and restaurants and the famous spinning globe and Universal arch. Everything there is just like you see in the movies. Jess wanted to convert me to a total Coastie so she took me to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. I had conch (pronounced "conk") fritters. They were amazing! I am convinced that anything in fritter form is delicious. Luckily, Jess's sister and brother-in-law live in Orlando so we didn't have far to go to crash for the night. What a great way to kick off my Florida week!

1 comment: