June 28, 2009

The Day Has Come...

Well the day has finally arrived! I leave tomorrow morning bright and early (brighter and earlier thanks to Dad). My first nights rest will be in Kelly, Wyoming at Gros Ventre campground. I'll be driving through Laramie, Rock Springs, Pinedale and Jackson Hole, Wyoming on the way there. Dad brought me a GPS which will come in very handy. Mom and Dad will be heading to Davenport, Iowa which is 13 hours. Dad wants to make it home by Tuesday night though so he's truckin'. I hope Max will be fine. He's used to road trips (being my dog and all) but not one this long and far. I know everyone will take care of him though and hopefully he won't eat Mom's cat or goats.

Funny moving story: I thought everything would fit in Mom and Dad's car but I really wanted to pare down what was in my car so I moved a lot of stuff to their pile. Apparently I've accumulated a lot of crap out here. We ended up unloading their entire car in the parking lot of a Motel 6 and giving my two coolers to a Mexican construction company. I also threw out a variety of things and consolidated some boxes as well. We finally got everything packed in just right with enough room for Max and Mom.

I'm excited to get on the road and see, well, everything. I can't believe I'll be gone for a month but I've already trimmed it down enough and I don't want to sacrifice anything else. Now I have time each day for driving, eating, setting up camp and I'll even have a few days for chores like laundry. Maybe even stop and see the new Harry Potter movie!! I went to Sam's Club today and got a lot of non perishable food. Gatorade will be my elixir of life that keeps me going. When I arrive in New York I hope to be skinny, tan, and blonde. I'll see some of you along the way and the rest I'll see home in New York!!

3 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH!!! I'm so excited for you! The Grand Canyon is going to be bad ass, and crazy hot. I'll bring the icey pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck, Have Fun, Be SAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYAYAYAY!! I'm looking forward to heeing a BURNt out Kelly at the end of the road, woo hoo! ;0) Like that pun? Yeah, I thought so... Hey, remember that time you let me cut your hair? That was fun. Have a great time, see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete