June 5, 2013

New York City!



Taking a Memorial Day road trip is an annual tradition I started back in 2007 and I love heading out for a quick three day getaway. I am rapidly running out of parks within driving distance but I still had several sites leftover in NYC that I wanted to check out. Since it’s so cheap to fly to NYC I booked a flight and then I realized Pa will never take Ma to NYC so I asked her to come along. Last time I was in NYC Jess had planned the whole trip and I didn’t have to do much besides follow along. This time though I was in charge and I put Ma through the paces of a typical Kelly Burns roadtrip. Now she knows why this blog is called “Burnin Up the Road”.
Our flight was delayed leaving Rochester but we still made it to NYC with plenty of time to check out the sites at night. After a zippy cab ride, we quickly checked into our hotel and hopped on the subway to check out Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Times Square, the Empire State Building (decked out in red, white and blue), and Madison Square Garden. It was slightly rainy but not very crowded at all (outside of Times Square) and it was nice to see everything lit up.
Happy Memorial Day!

Kicking like a Rockette

Times Square

Rockefeller Plaza


No comments:

Post a Comment