June 30, 2011

Last Day in Yosemite

Just as I got up on the last day, Jess ran by the tent and yelled "there's a bear!" Running outside I saw the bear ambling down the paved sidewalk by the bathroom. Just moseying through...The night before, the video shown in the ranger program was about The Ahwahnee Hotel. I learned a lot about its history and was glad when we stopped by on our way out of the Valley. Even though I had been there 2 days ago, I really paid attention this time to the architectural details that the video pointed out.The main dining hall was impressive.
Since we still had time to kill we walked along the Lower Yosemite Falls trail again to see the falls in the morning sun.
I liked this exhibit that showed the flow in different seasons. I think we came at the absolute perfect time when everything is raging.
Below is one of my favorite pictures of the trip. I was trying to take pictures of the flora and Jess felt the need to just jump in front of my shot. It actually ended up looking really cool.
Continuing with our nature sighting, there was a deer in the meadow by the falls.We then began the long drive back to the airport. We got there around 3:30 and my flight didn't leave until 11:00pm. It was my first red eye and it was exhausting. I got to Atlanta at 6:00am and could barely stay awake on my 3 hour layover. I finally arrived at 11:00am in Buffalo. The journey was long but at least everything was on time so I can't complain.
I had such an amazing time in Yosemite and I'm very thankful to Jess's family for having me along. I got to see a ton of stuff but the pace was very relaxing. Another major national park is now crossed off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment